Lorenzo Giovanni

Lorenzo Giovanni
Born February 22, 2011

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Early Intervention

After my so waited meeting with Sooner Start, after two hours of talking and 2 physical therapist doing all type of test on Lorenzo, the good news they don't think his case of Hypotonia is as severe as other cases, he can roll over, hold objects in both hands, smile, lift head & body when in the ground, eat, drink from cup, and when he is in the water will attempt the movements to crawl... & started saying once in a while Mama... with all that said, my journey ahead in the next 3 years ahead is going to be hard, but somehow I know treating my family at somehow "normal" will guide me in the road ahead... I'm focusing on finding special bath chair, and carseat for Lorenzo right now and working very hard probably the hardest i ever worked on keeping my kids in the right track at school, and dedicating each breath to them and getting lorenzo moving... I think the day i see him take his first steps i could breath..... The weeks ahead touring Bethany Children Center, Special Care Daycare in OKC, and J.D. Macarthy Center in Norman....
By keeping my sanity and bring the extra cash, found myself a JOB... lets see how that goes...

I'm beyond excitement for my mom to be here in the next few weeks (I miss her dearly), and the holidays ahead... i want to remember the good times ahead, and focus on what i have in my hands now, and my reality.. better than wishing and hoping for what i don't have right now... Sometimes you need life to slap you a few times to see what is important... Trust me I been slapped a few times now.... Good day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment